Sunday, April 24, 2005

Education from our Furry Friends

I have been an animal lover from my birth and probably from another life before this. Although I love all critters great and small, horses have been my main addiction until very recently. My life doesn't permit my owning of one, but I go pet noses as often as I can.

One of the things I think horses do best for us, is give us a mirror. They only give back what they get. They accept whatever it is you dish out without judgement and without disdain. They often do have an opinion about what you may have given them, but may or may not express that to you at the time. There are horses that you have when you need to learn something and then there are the ones that need to learn something from you. In both instances, the human is the one that comes out ahead if he or she has sense enough to shut up an listen. Horses taught me paitence, how to love without want of anything in return, and how to give because it is its own gift. They are truly a remarkable creature.

"The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man."
-Winston Churchill

They teach us what's on the inside.
Whether we want to see that or not.

No comments: