Tuesday, June 21, 2005

On Our Own

Tonight in my martial arts class, both our head instructors were absent. That left myself and my fellow 1st degree black belt, Mr Preece, to lead class.

Mr. Preece has done this once before. This was my first time to be without both our head instructors. I guess it went OK. At the water break after warm-ups, he and I quickly discussed who would take what group of students and how we could work it out.

Fortunately we have several fantastic brown belts to help with teaching and organizing the class. So we were lucky. Class was over before I knew it! And I wasn't quite finished yet...

I think back to when I started and there was only Mr T. Mr. Davis had just had back surgery and was out almost the entire first year I was there. What a load to be the only teacher!

I hope I can always help. I know Mr. Preece and I really appreciated the wonderful help of our other students.
Thanks.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You both did a great job! :)

Anonymous said...

And it really was a lot of fun.

--Rob