Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Return from DSL-less land

I have returned! I had not realized how intertwined my existence had become with my internet connection. This past week, it has been down. I have been isolated from the cyber world.
And it sucked.

I had emotional responses to the situation. I felt isolated and ostracized. Craziness.

Man, did I hate not being able to look things up on a whim. Are we really this connected? Are we really so accustomed to being able to have all this information at our fingertips at any given moment?
My answer is yes! It was crazy, I realized I didn't even know where the phone books were. I just google for the phone number. Oh, and if I had some obscure question ( I know my having a question floors some of you...), I would just look it up. I wanted to find a title to a particular book and put it on my Amazon wish list....Couldn't....

I must admit, I was really surprised at how much I had grown to depend on the use of the internet. Not to mention how accustomed, I never gave it a second thought as to how much I really use it.
It was a little revealing. Frightening too. I am a geek.
At least I can make that online Victoria's Secret purchase now!

No comments: