Sunday, August 21, 2005

Auto buying

I assisted my mom in purchasing a different car this past Thursday. She settled on a 2005 Corolla. Her Saturn was not comfortable for her back anymore and she did not see well out of the car.
So, why does buying a car take so long? We were there for hours. You would think with the age of wireless that the application and credit check would be fairly quick. But still it takes hours. She is thrilled with her new car and I am thrilled she feels more comfortable driving.

I am comfortable with her driving as long as I am not in the car with her!!
Is this what always happens with parents as they age?
Parents are uncomfortable with their teens learning to drive and grown kids are not comfortable with their parents' driving.
Is turn about fair play?
Just a thought.

No comments: