Monday, September 05, 2005

Dave Mathews Band

A friend invited me to the Dave Mathews Band concert being held at the Smirnoff Music Center at Fair Park.

I happily accepted. Although I would not say I am a huge fan of DMB, I do like his music and I think the band itself is amazing.

well, I am a fan now! It was a great concert!! Being a member of the DMB Fan Club, the seats she had were amazing!! About 12 rows back and almost center stage.

It has been a really long time since I have went to a concert. I had forgotten that one attends a concert to "feel" the music more so than "hear" the music. It is great the way sound travels in waves and those waves are wonderful reverberating off you skeleton.

Granted, the hair cells in my ears are a little more worn, but it was worth it!!

I gotta hand it to the DMB. There was an amazing cross-section of society there. Young, old, parents with their kids, the young and obnoxious....Everyone was there. The people watching was supreme.

Get out there and go hear/feel music!! It is wonderful. I will certainly be trying to put that on my list! Anyone up for blues??

No comments: