Saturday, February 11, 2006

A New Semester

With the semester back in swing, my blogging is in a lull. Hopefully, once I get things whipped into shape, I will blog with gusto once again. This semester is Developmental Psychology which I am taking online. The first test was this week and I am still all A’s!

I like Psychology of any sort because it really helps to explain the world around you considering most of the world around you is occupied by people. By being only a little more observant, you can learn volumes about those around you; their behaviors, where those behaviors come from and what their actions/reactions can be.

People behave the way they do for reasons. If things don’t make sense, you usually can be patient and observant; OK, maybe ask a few questions, and usually you will be able to understand. There is always a reason. We all have our warts, our shining qualities and just plain normalcy too.

The part of psychology that always fascinates me is the nature vs nurture issue. In my opinion, we are obviously a combination of the too. I think your genetics sets you on a scale and your environment places you and your behaviors/perceptions somewhere on that scale either up or down. One can change where they are on that scale but one must find the scale in the first place.

Ah, self awareness….

Another blog topic…

No comments: