Friday, June 22, 2007

Dogs will be Dogs

I am house-sitting for the summer for a nursing school buddy of mine. The arrangement is working out great!

I do have to write about a little occurrence this week.
It involved mud via the rain and an increase in my blood pressure.

The rain has been incessant for a while now and thus, the one spot the dogs have previously dug around in is muddy. All along I thought the majority of the digging (they have escaped twice, once they were retrieved, this last time, they were promptly put back in the yard even though I was in the shower).
Wrong-O.
Gabe, the older Lab and one I had blamed the majority of the digging on was in the kitchen happily chewing on his rawhide. I was sorting mail, paying bills, all that jazz, also in the kitchen.
Then, suddenly, my brain says, "Hey what is that on the floor over there-wriggling?"
I looked over only to find a small mud-slicked statue that vaguely resembled the miniature pinschure I was also looking after. After screaming "OUTSIDE" the statue deftly got up from rolling all over the carpet and bolted outside.
Little monster.
Little mud-slathered mud statue.
Oh, half mud-slathered statue since the other half was now all over the carpet!!

After two doggy baths, and a fun toweling off (I forgot how fun that is!) for the dogs that is, the house is back to normal.
And the carpet is too!
Dogs are so doggy!!

1 comment:

Lily of God said...

HAHAHA...that Boomer will definitely give you a run for your money. Reading this gave me a really funny mental picture of you taking care of those dogs. -Steph