Saturday, June 16, 2007

Who's your Momma??

I traveled this past weekend with my mom and my brother to one of my other brother's wedding ( I have three brothers). My mother had never been on a commercial airline before, so this was a huge adventure. I have never really traveled with her before this weekend. So many things were made evident.
  1. I know where I get my wriggles from. She could not sit still the entire trip. Up/down/up/down/up/down with the window seat window.
  2. Rearranging the blanket and bumping me: I was so glad she was not riding next to a stranger.
  3. “What was that??!!” At every new noise that happened on the airline. And because has Alzheimer’s, none of this knowledge stayed in her memory, so it was repeated ad nauseum.
  4. Questions like, “Can we go to the bathroom while the plane is moving,” I learned to accept. If you don’t know, you gotta ask. Another quality she and I share.
  5. OCD cleaning. Yes, she and I clean obsessively at the same rate. She regularly “swiffered” my brother’s house ( 5 cats and one dog = lots of hair).
  6. My love of sleeping in regardless of the previous night's festivities....yep, got that from her too.
Basically, I found that most of my science qualities I gleaned from Mom. Some good, some bad.
I am my mother’s daughter.
If I can PLEASE just avoid that loosing your mind thing....

1 comment:

Lily of God said...

It's quite interesting what we "pick up" & inherit from our parents. As an adoptee, I've seen stuff in myself that I definitely got from my mom, although it's not genetic. Really cool. I am my mother's daughter, too. Oh, btw, I MISS YOU!!!!!