Sunday, October 07, 2007

Done with Italy

Sadly, I am choosing to sell my motorcycle to buy a different one. I have not made any decisions on what to buy, but I am sure I will figure that out in the near future.

I am done with Italy. I am done with waiting a friggin year (9 days) for something simple like an air filter.

The top of the list of qualifications for the new bike will be that it is shorter than my current bike. It really is too tall. There are all kinds of things I love about it, but I am tired of waiting for parts and I am tired of having to be ever-vigilant about where my feet will be landing.

So far, here are some bikes I will be looking at:

Triumph Daytona 600
Honda VFR 675(I think?)
Suzuki SV 650

It is a hard thing to pick out. I like the up-right seating position of my Multistrada. However, I am not a cruiser person. I like it sporty. The Honda CBR's are too tall. I like the narrow feel of my MS as I don't feel like there is this huge tank I have to reach around. I want something light weight as possible. A Triumph Bonneville has been suggested but it weighs 465lbs and I just don't like the look of it. I like the BMW's but wow the $$$$ and most of them are WAY too tall. Some of them I can't even reach the ground.

It looks like there is lots of shopping in my future. I have a check list of things to look for and of course, I have to sell my bike. Even though I will take a hit on it since it isn't mint, I don't care. It is time to get rid of it. I need a different horse in the stable!!

No comments: