Monday, August 04, 2008

Wish me Luck!

I actually bid on a house this weekend. My offer was pretty beneficial to me, so it may not be so tasty to the seller. Considering the seller is a bank, maybe they won't care...
We will see.

It needs updating, but is functional and intact. I can do lots of home repair things and work lots of power tools.
I really like power tools......(maniacal laugh)

The outside needs lots of grooming (Enter more power tools), but can be very pretty with not a whole lot of additions. Two mostly dead tress need to be turned into firewood that will be oh so nice this winter. Provided, of course, the 109F weather actually does ever cool off. The need of fire is but a distant dream....

The major stuff with the house is updating the kitchen (new counter tops, appliances, laying tile, painting cabinetry and new hardware), painting the house over all, and updating the bathrooms. New carpet is in order, but I can probably live with what is there for a bit. Eventually I will pull up the laminate and put down hardwoods in the front room and the hallway.

I could live in the house for a while or turn it next summer. It just depends on life and what the market is like. And that pesky thing of cash flow.

Real Estate is what I have wanted to get into for a long time. My nursing career will allow me to do that, and, house remodel will give me something to do on my days off!

I am dangerous when bored....
The question is; am I less dangerous turned loose with power tools...?

No comments: