Saturday, May 21, 2011

Alone in the Bay

I went out for the first time ALONE to row. No one else was there, save a few people across the way fishing...I proved to be excellent entertainment.

I got the shell and me together, in the water with the oars on the correct side and disembarked without much difficulty. The wind was still up, so I just rowed in circles in the bay, working on steering, turning and generally how to get the oars, shell and me to get along and agree on what the hell we were doing. It actually went really well.

Then, came the return to the dock, or The Landing. Remember, rowing is a sport one faces backward to the direction of motion. It took three tries and some crafty oar-pulling-me-closer-to-dock action for me to finally get it done. I could not help but notice the very entertained fisherman across the bay...he just kept laughing! I supposed I could have sold tickets....

The rowing is going very well and the only down side to it is Kate ("Fuzzy Pants") can't go with me.

No comments: