Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

The past week, John and I drove to Washington DC...to settle him in for the next 10 months.
Ouch.
He is on a project and must be on site for the next 10 months. Of course we will be seeing each other monthly at the least, but it will still be quite the adjustment. I am pretty sure Skype is in our future. I don't really have any fears regarding our relationship, nor does he, it is the not having my best friend with me. That is what I am most sad about.

I am thankful he is safe...he is not in Afghanistan..no one is trying to shoot him...so, I count my blessings.
It is just part of life we will have to endure. I will work a great deal, stay busy and get some mountain biking time in. Kate will keep me company too. I feel badly for John as he is removed from his entire environment; friends, dog, home, schedule. I recognize that is really hard.
I am sure all will be well, but it is still going to have OK days and really sucky days.

No comments: