Saturday, June 07, 2008

Motorcycles

I have acquired my next bike; a 2003 Ducati Monster 800. I am in love. It is, drum roll please, SHORTER than my last bike by about 3 inches (who would have thought three inches would be so amazing...but I diverge), it is my favorite motorcycle color, bright bumble bee yellow, and it is so well balanced it is a breeze to ride! I am already trying to throw it through corners. It had very low miles on it as well. I took it at the shop for a 6K mile tune up and to take it apart to look it over in detail. The sale "vet-check" had already went well. There are a few things I want to change, but overall, I am thrilled. I got a nice lesson in motorcycle maintenance and repair today when I went up to the shop to see how things were doing. Very cool!
Things I want to personalize:
  • Clutch slave cylinder
  • Handle bar risers
  • New tail light package
  • New grips (Done already - thanks Johnathon!)
  • Find a manual
I cannot wait to take it to the track!!

1 comment:

Lily of God said...

Woohoo! I'm happy to hear you got your new ride! Whatcha gonna name it? :) -Steph