Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Civic Duty

I had Jury Duty today. Yeah.
I was one of 65 people who went in to answer that lengthy questionnaire regarding the case we were being considered as jurors.

This was different: It started with a power point presentation. It started with a synopsis of legal definitions and the differences in the world of legal vs the world of...well, just the rest of the world. I must admit, the whole experience was interesting as it gave a brief, slightly structured view of the legal world. I was interested. Law is a very interesting field just one I don't think is my cup of tea. I do not know if I will be called back to serve, and actually I hope not simply based on the time I would miss work. If I could avoid missing work, I would be interested to go and be part of the process.

Our system at work!

No comments: