Saturday, December 17, 2005

Strange New Thoughts...

This is slightly morbid but for those of you who know me, you'll understand.

Week before last I was really ill. The kind of ill that makes you not quite able to find the phone to call into work. The next day, I wasn't any better and did manage somehow to go to the Dr's and get home.

However, upon arriving home, I laid very willingly on the nice cold floor of my bathroom. Then it occurred to me:

What if I don't get up? How long would it take for someone to miss me or would anyone miss me at all?
I remembered when I signed the lease on my current domicile, I had to fill in blanks as to who was allowed to enter my place upon some horrible travesty that left me, well, dead.

It is strange what thoughts enter one's head when you really are "out of your head" with fever.

As for my health, I was recovering, but then had a little re-occurrence. But I think I am finally on the road to recovery.

The fevered mind is a strange place.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't think it would take long at all before you were missed by a whole host of people! But fevered thoughts are indeed strange, and there's nothing that feels better than a cold floor when you're that sick...

Anonymous said...

I love yoooouuuu.