Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Physiological Response...

I went to my doctor today in order to complete one of my many requirements to apply to nursing school: a physical and vaccination record.

The general physical was fine, I have had my annual one recently, so all was well on that front. However, I have no paper record of my childhood immunizations nor do I have the paperwork for the Hepatitis B inoculations I received when I worked at the Amelia Court HIV research clinic. I also need proof of tetanus.

So, just to cover my posterior, he gave me all the childhood inoculations again (subcutaneous) and the tetanus (intramuscular). The Hep B, I will hunt for the paperwork, otherwise, we just pull blood and do an antibody titer .
I have never had a vasovagal response before. Today was my first. I must admit, I loathe and detest shots. I can give blood whenever, doesn't bother me. But shots....I HATE them. I feel so violated.

Well, I survived the dreaded shots, but will avoid them at all costs. If I gotta go back on Friday and give blood for a titer, no worries. For some reason, taking something out of my vein is fine, forcing something into my deltoid is not!

No comments: