Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Lecture: Blood and a great instructor

Tonight in my Anatomy and Physiology class we covered blood. Something I had forgotten; blood is a connective tissue. That had totally slipped my mind. Blood also has a whole bunch of stuff in it: white blood cells, red blood cells, fibrinogen, globulins (antibodies), lots of water, ferrous iron (valence of 2+) and a pH of about 7.4. Your blood is what cleanses and feeds all your tissues in your whole body. Totally cool.

Having a competent, talented instructor is making this A&P class so very enjoyable. My instructor, Dr. Kelly Sexton, lectures from the premise of logic. This or that happens because of logical reasons. It makes it so much more interesting. It also lends a path for you brain to follow to categorize the information.

To get where you are going, regardless if it is in your education, or another venue, you have to know where you want to go. I try to have that idea when I teach martial arts. Even if the path you see or a student sees seems unattainable, you gotta just do it. (I DO remember what it was to be a white belt!)

Where there is a will there is a way. It got me this far, let's hope this attitude doesn't fail me now!

No comments: