Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Nursing School…..

Well, I applied and did not get in. This is such a load off!! Being recently on my own, I was somewhat concerned about how things would work out for my starting school full time in January.

But things happen for a reason.
Life has a way of putting you where you’re wanted.
So persuasive Life is…

The stats:
247 applicants.
100 Spots.
Lowest admitting GPA: 4.0
Dallas County Community College admits to its ADN nursing program based on numbers alone. So my having a degree in Molecular Biology, publications, and 11 years academic research along with managing a lab made no matter.

Just numbers.

This is really so much better. I believe this is how the powers that be are telling me to take a break. I will make great use of the time to get more of my ducks in a row.

Thanks.

As for my next application plans?
I will apply to Collin County and Brookhaven this fall. These are both closer and cheaper I just wasn’t able to apply this time around to them.

Wish me luck in the fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. That's just rotten.
--Rob