Monday, November 07, 2005

It's Still Blue...

I have finally decided on a car, and actually acquired it. I bought a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. I have had the hardest time deciding what to choose, so many choices. I like the car research part, but the actually going and talking to the sales people...not so fun. I had a good experience at Randall Noe Ford in Terrell. No pressure, relaxed and they really don't take themselves so seriously. That was evident by the half-finished paint job in the lobby area ( bright yellow) and the sales guys running around in shorts.

There were a couple things that my garage found when I took the car for its inspection, so she is at the dealer getting these minor things corrected. When I get her back, I'll post pictures.

I did manage to get pulled over within 24 hrs of actually getting the car. Fun. Here is the dialogue that transpired:

Rowlett Police Officer (RPO): ma'am I pulled you over because your left front head light is out.
Me: Oh....I will put that on the list for the dealer to fix when I return on Monday. I just picked the car up yesterday.

RPO: Yes, I saw your paper tags, you still have 20 days, so that means you got the car....
Me: Yesterday, sir.

RPO: Well, you can have this back (handing me my insurance card), I'll be right back (leaving with my oh so clean license.)

Me: Heavy sigh...

RPO: Well ma'am, I will just give you a verbal warning, but get it fixed immediately because you can get a citation for that regardless.

Me: Yes sir officer, I will get a bulb and fix it myself. Thank you.

RPO: (Taking a step backward, looking the car over...) ma'am, there's a lot of engine under that hood, did you know that when you bought it?
Me: Yes sir, I was aware of that. But it's OK because I have a brain.

RPO: (With suppressed grin) Well, I wasn't referring to that, I was thinking of commuting and, uh, gas and what not.

Me: Well, I have virtual no commute to work, so it's not a big deal.

RPO: Well, get the headlight fixed and have a good evening.

Me: Thank you very much sir.

So, the question I have is.....
Would he have asked a man if he knew how much engine was under the hood??

Maybe I just should have replied..."Why no officer, I just thought the color was oh so pretty..."

Word to the wise, behave in Rowlett.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Well, he wouldn't have asked a guy if he knew what was under the hood, but he might have given a guy the ticket!