Monday, June 27, 2005

Obsessions....

For those of you who know me, this will be no surprise. I'm OCD...Yes I have tendencies toward Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have found ways to help control these tendencies. For example, if I find something I think I really, really want, I make myself wait a predetermined time before I actually purchase it or obtain it. If, at the end of the wait period, I still salivate when I am in proximity to said item, then I relinquish my self control and buy the item or make arrangements to buy it.

So, with this in mind, I have continuously fantasized about the Mini Cooper. I am a car freak from way back, my obsession starting with my first car, a '66 Ford Mustang coup. I loved that car. My sister and I tore it down to its block and my father ( a mechanic by living) helped me rebuild it. I love cars. My parents gave it to me, not running with two thrown freeze plugs and in desperate need of a total over-haul. She got it in spades. When we were done, she did 90 in 2nd gear and laid rubber to third. It is amazing I am still alive. No 16 year old should have a 289HP stock V-8 engine to play with. Well, except me of course.

I will take my horse power any way I can get it.

So, back to my Mini obsession. I want one. I have wanted one since they first came out. I must own one. The obsession is not subsiding. I have found when obsessions don't subside, you have to satisfy them. They evolve into their own existence and then you just simply aren't in the driver's seat so to speak.

I'm thinking a 2003, Mini S ( one MUST have the S) Blue, the dark Blue, with a white top and sunroof. I just love that 6-speed manual transmission! 163 HP is what the super-charged S version can dish out. I realize the convertibles are all kinds of sexy. However, the convertible will have to wait until it can be a convertible Boxster.....A whole other obsession....

So, before too much longer, I think I have to have one.

No comments: