Sunday, July 03, 2005

Foot Issues.

I went with friends today and had some girl fun. Among the girl-ness was a pedicure. I have had the same pedicurist for several years now, but today I went to someone different. This new person was considerate, caring, and very good at her job. But it wasn't Christy, my normal pedicurist. And I have foot issues. I don't like people I don't know touching my feet. Yes, add this to the list of my wierdnesses. It just makes me uncomfortable. So instead of relaxing and enjoying my pedicure, I sat there and practiced Tai Chi breathing until it was over. Needless to say, it was an excellent pedicure as far as quality, but not enjoyable. My toes look great and all the calluses are gone, but I won't venture away from Christy again. Sadly, I have the same "stranger danger" about massages too. This is very upsetting. Everyone speaks of how wonderful massages are. The two I've had, I have tried, were awful. An hour of repressing the urge to bolt for the door; not relaxing! I guess massages will only get to come from people I know as well. Fortunately, one of my very close friends is a certified masseuse. So maybe I'll let her try!

No comments: