Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter Zeal!!

Yes, I have officially lost my mind.

A friend and I signed up to obtain the newest Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. So, Friday night, at 11PM we went to Borders Bookstore to stand in line and get our book for half price.
Our numbers were 360 and 361 so we were in for a wait. However, the people were fabulous. It was so great to see some many different types of people and all different ages. Some were dressed up, some were reading other Potter books, some were just trying to stay awake! I fell into the later category. My friend and I passed the time by reading 30 second mysteries to each other.
The greatest thing was all the kids and how excited they were about a book...About all the Potter books.
How great to be so excited about reading!
Yes, I have read them all myself save the last one. Gotta finish this math class first!
And to see the parents out there with their kids being so supportive at such a late hour...It was great!

So we finally got our books at 1:40AM. We went home and fell into bed.

I am glad we went and it was really fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa--
How did you enjoy the new Harry. I thought it started a little slow (the prime minister's office thing) and ended a bit down, but I enjoyed it. Don't think it'll work for people who aren't already Harry fans, but then again, are there any people who aren't Harry fans?
--Rob