Sunday, July 24, 2005

When the inanimate teaches

Well, my math class is in its final stretch. Only 3 more weeks and 3 more tests. So what has the re-taking of College Algebra taught me?

I had forgotten a great deal of stuff!
It does come back to you.
My greatest problem with math is that I go too fast.
I must S-L-O-W D-O-W-N.

Once I commanded myself to go slowly and then basically re-take the test via proofing, all was well. Although I really like math, I do not have talent for math. I wish I did, I would be studying quantum physics or some other crazy thing like that!!

So the greatest lesson: patience.
This seems to be a lesson I need to really learn. The whole rest of my life seems to be driving this lesson home.


I have always thought of myself as a patient person. However, I think I have come to realize that this patience I only gave to others, never to myself. I'm sure a few of you can relate. I deserve the same things I give to others so I have learned to be more patient with me.


At least I get to chalk up another A if all continues on the same path!!

No comments: