Sunday, July 03, 2005

One foot in front of the other....

I have recently began running. I am quite certain I have lost my mind. I have a 2nd degree black belt test coming up and I need to make sure the cardiovascular system is working well. I have found that when stressed, if I run, the distaste of running overpowers the thoughts of whatever is causing me stress.
I hate to run.
Did I mention I hate running?
Regardless of my personal position on running, it has been serving a good purpose. I am tired enough to sleep at night. I sweat really profusely, thus feeling as though I have had a good work out. This equals personal satisfaction. I get so consumed with putting one foot in front of the other that my brain does cease to be so busy. Tai Chi does this too, but that's another blog...

Running definitely takes the edge off. So, even though I really don't like doing it, it is getting easier. It is easier to keep running for one more block.
So far, the knees are holding up.

I'll let you know how the running progresses. I am not sure how long I will keep at it....
Did I mention I do not like to run?

A friend told me this about running and I like it:

Only run when pursued.

Sage advice.

But don't you have to be somewhat adept at running in order for the whole fleeing principle to have any possible efficacy??
Just a question.....

No comments: