Wednesday, April 20, 2005

It Takes You Back

This last week I have been staying up very late or in some instances, being up WAY too early because of studying for my class. On my late night (or early morning depending on your perspective) excursions to the kitchen, I see the tiny lights for the audio gear. I was instantly drawn back to those days of grade school when we went to the planetarium. So strange that audio gear lights would trigger such a memory. I always loved the planetarium. To see the stars and learn what constellations they were apart of…so incredible; so incredible that there were entire universes out there.
As a child, I used to know most of them by name and could lie out in the horse pasture and identify them on sight. Now there is too much light pollution. It has to wait till I go camping, which I hope is soon!

And by the way…the part of the brain responsible for these association, specifically music associations….the auditory sensory region of the cerebrum.

Yes, I have a test tonight...Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good luck! I know you'll do fine on the test. :)