Thursday, May 05, 2005

Fashion, to impress or to distress?

After my martial arts class tonight, a few of us had a discussion regarding the younger generation's fashion. Namely, this included the young men's pants-down-to-your illiac-crests with-you-undies-showing and the young women wearing lingerie as clothing. And I was informed, the much older women wearing lingerie as clothing. Hmmm. Old enough to know better.

Even one of our high school-aged students chimed in. She also shared the disdain and utter confusion of the boy's trouser issues. We all agreed to an overwhelming desire to run up behind these boys and "Pants" them. A term I was introduced to tonight...apparently a very late introduction. (Must have something to do with being raised on that space ship...) "Pants-ing" someone is as it alludes to; coming up behind them and yanking there trousers down and high-tailing it off. I mean they can't catch you, they can't run! I was glad to know I was not alone in this inappropriate desire to "pants" them!

As for the girls, our males in the discussion group joked about thinking that this was not such a bad thing...wearing loungerie for clothing. However, all agreed that it is not tasteful fashion sense. I mean, I like my lingerie as much or more as the next woman, but I believe it should beckon from under a jacket or some other REAL clothing. Not scream at the top of its skimpy lungs..."HEY!!! I'm lingerie and I'm on the OUTSIDE!!"
Some things are better said with a soft voice.

So everyone, think about what you are wearing. Please! If it will fall off of you unless you are holding it up, it's probably not a good thing. If you resemble the Victoria's Secret models on the bra and panties pages, put additonal clothing on before leaving the house!!

No comments: