Monday, May 09, 2005

Therapy the way Nature Intended

As I noted in my previous blog, horses are cheaper than therapy. However a really cheap therapy is Mother Nature. As I was farm-sitting this weekend, I took the liberty of opening a bottle of wine and laying in the hammock outside. My friends live far enough out of Dallas that the light pollution is reduced; still present but much reduced. I laid there gazing at the stars, wrapped in a blanket with a bottle of wine between my legs and a full glass at my side. I didn't have to be anywhere, do anything or talk to anyone. Nothing. Just existence. I laid there for what I thought was a little bit...
When I finally went inside because of the nip in the air, I realized it was LATE. I had been out there for 2-3 hours without even realizing it. Just staring up into the sky and looking at the stars. I also noticed how much better I felt. It is necessary to turn off everything and do nothing.
I let the call of the night animals, the rustle of the trees, and the occasional snort of the horses be my music back-drop.
How quickly your body remembers the ebb and flow of nature. How easily your mind calms and follows that rhythm, that pace...if you let it.

True therapy, outside.
True music: earth, air, fire and water

1 comment:

MAT said...

True music: earth, air, fire, and the sound of wine pouring into your glass.:)